Features can be added to a web page at any time by choosing “Edit this Page” on the grey Admin Panel at the bottom of the screen, but for the scope of this tutorial we will assume you have accessed it from “Add/Remove Features on This Page” (refer to Creating a New Page). We will be using Html Content in our example as this is the most common Feature Type that Site Editors are likely to use (this is the Feature Type that allows for typing content, embedding links, images, video, etc.).
- Select “Html Content” in the Feature dropdown (it is the default selection)
- Give the Content a Title
- Location: refers to whether you want the content to fill the entire content area (the Center pane) or into smaller Left or Right pane areas. The default and recommended is “Center” as the UF template is a fixed width and adding additional panes will make several very narrow content areas. There may, however, be times where this is desired
- Click “Create New Content”
- This populates your Content Title in the Center Pane. We can move the Content to the other panes by clicking it with your mouse and then clicking the Left, Right, Up, or Down arrows (if you have multiple Content Items on this page and you want to organize their order). The wrench icon allows us to edit the Content and the Trash Can to delete it
- Once we have created our Content we can click “View This Page” which will then populate the Page with the Content.
- To add Content to the page, click the “Edit” link next to the Content Title
- This opens the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Text Editor where we can start typing content
- Click “Update” to Save the Content to the Web Page.
Additional Content Features
There are multiple Feature Types that can be used on the site (such as Event Calendars, Blogs, Forums, Image Galleries, Google Maps, etc.). To use them, select the Feature from the “Feature” drop down list on the “Add/Remove Features” page and then follow the instructions listed above. For detailed information on how to use the additional Content Features, visit the mojoPortal website: http://www.mojoportal.com/feature-specific-documentation.aspx