Things to know before using the Group Enrollment Tool
- The Group Enrollment Tool can be used to upload a CSV file that was created using a text editor, such as Notepad (.txt file) or using Excel. If you are using Excel be sure to save it as a .csv (comma delineated) file.
- The CSV file must be created (and saved) prior to using this tool. The instructions for creating the CSV file can be found here "Constructing the CSV file" PDF.
- Students with existing GatorLinks and who also meet the section requirements (section is free, no additional information is required, etc.) will be automatically enrolled in the course.
- If additional information questions are required, the students with existing GatorLinks will be sent a "Complete your registration" email. This email has a link the student must click to complete their registration by answering the required questions. Once the questions are answered, they will be automatically enrolled in the course.
- Students without existing GatorLinks will need to follow the instructions given in the email that is sent to their email address as shown on the CSV list. They will not be enrolled in the course until they have created their GatorLink account and paid any enrollment fees if necessary.
To use the Group Enrollment Tool log in to QuickReg and click on the "Group Enrollment Tools" link located under the Administration tab as shown in the image below.
You will see a screen as shown below. (Click on the image for a larger view.)
Select the appropriate section and fee from the drop down lists. Then use the browse button to find and upload your CSV file. See the image below.
Once the file has successfully uploaded, click on the "Preview" button. You will see the screen as shown below. (Click on the image for a larger view.)
The Preview screen allows you to review and make edits to the student information before the enrollments are created. To edit the information click on a row to highlight it and then select the "pen" icon to make your edits, as shown in the image below. (Click on the image for a larger view.)
When you are done editing the row, click on the "save row" icon to save any changes you have made. (Click on the image for a larger view.)
When you are satisfied that the information is correct, click on the "Create" button, the next screen will display with the results.See the image below. Note that QuickReg will check UFIDs for existing GatorLink accounts and add that information if it is available. (Click on the image for a larger view.)
The students will either be automatically enrolled (the section is free, no additional information is required and their GatorLink is active) or they will be sent an email where they must follow the instructions contained in the email (either GatorLink creation info and/or payment info).