Registration codes allow QuickReg administrators to restrict access to their sections by associating specific emails to unique registration codes. This is particularly helpful for restricting access to free fees since students must have a code to be able to use that fee's registration URL. There are a few things to know about registration codes before we learn how to create them.
- Registration codes are randomly generated.
- Each registration code is unique.
- Each registration code can only be used once and only with the email it is sent to (assigned to).
- One fee can have many registration codes associated with it.
- Registration codes are paired to specific emails that you specify.
- Using registration codes will not prevent your section from appearing on the QuickReg All Activities page if the fee is marked as "Advertised".
- Once you add a registration code to a fee, that fee will only accept enrollments using registration codes.
- You can send the registration code and corresponding URL to the students or you can have QuickReg send the information.
- If you have QuickReg send the registration URL, it will automatically fill out the registration code for the student.
Once you have added a fee to your section, you can create registration codes. Start by clicking on the "Registration codes" tab, then clicking on the "Create codes" button as shown in the image below (click on the image for a larger view).
After clicking on the "Create codes" button, you will see a dialog box as shown below (click on the image for a larger view).
You can enter either individual emails or create a CSV file and use the bulk upload option.
To enter individual emails, enter the email, a key (if you are using one), select the correct fee, and then click on the "Create" button. You will need to do this for each individual email.
Or if you have several emails you need to enter, you can use the bulk upload option. See the image below (click on the image for a larger view).
To use the bulk upload option, click on the "Bulk upload" tab in the dialog box. Browse for your CSV file, select the fee you wish to associate with these emails/codes, then click on the "Create" button. If you are experiencing difficulty uploading your CSV file, make sure the file is set up correctly.
Once you click on the "Create" button you will see the registration codes grid display as shown below (click on the image for a larger view).
The red outlines are showing the email that was entered, the code that is associated with the email, whether the code has been sent to the student, and whether the code was used by the student.
To send codes to the student(s) simply check the box to the left of their email and then click on the "Email selected" button. You can also delete emails from this list by selecting the email and then clicking on the "Delete selected" button.
Creating a CSV file to bulk upload emails.
If you are using only emails (no key), place one email per line as shown below:
If you are using emails with key(s), place one email, then a comma, then the key per line as shown below: