Submitting General TSS Help Requests
The "General TSS Help Request" should be used when you are experiencing problems with any of the following: your UF maintained computer, printer, email, browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome), or network connection, etc. Or if you need a quote for new laptops, etc.
There are several ways to access the “General TSS Help Request” form.
- Click the TSS Help Requests icon located on a TSS-managed computer’s desktop and then select the “General TSS Help Request” link, or
- Go directly to the “General TSS Help Request” form, or
- Navigate to the form within myIT by choosing "End-Point Computing", then "End-Point Support (Desktops, Mobile Devices, etc.)", then "UF-Owned Computer and Device Support".
- Go to the Help Request page.
- Select the “General IT Help Request” link.
- You will be taken to the UF GatorLink login page as shown in the image below (click on the image for a larger view). Enter your GatorLink username and password in the fields provided and click the “Login” button (this step will be skipped if you are already signed onto GatorLink):
What the form looks like
After logging in you will see the “General IT Help Request” form as shown below. You do not need to select a service category unless you specifically want to send your request to a different IT support unit. Click on the image for a larger view.
How to fill out the form
Describe the issue or request you have.*
Enter the reason you need assistance. This can range from setting up a new laptop, to requesting folder access, or installing new software. Also use this request to get quotes for new laptops, or if something was working and now it's not working, such as email.
Building Name/Number and Room Number*
Fill out where you are experiencing the problem or would like the work to be completed. Be as specific as possible.
You may upload documents—such as a screen shot—to help explain your request. To attach an accompanying screen capture of what you need help with (such as any error messages) click the “Browse” button to search for the file you wish to attach. You must already have the screen shot saved somewhere on your computer to be able to attach it.
How can we contact you? (Optional)
Please include your phone number. This is particularly important if you are experiencing the issue at a location other than your office or are away from your email.
Are you submitting on behalf of, or involving, another user?
If you are entering a request on behalf of someone else, select the "Yes" button and then fill out the fields for their name, GatorLink ID, phone number, and e-mail address. Otherwise, select "No".
After you have finished filling out the form just press the “Submit” button in the lower right side of the screen one (1) time. Pressing more than once may produce multiple requests.
That’s it! TSS will be informed of the request. You will receive an email that your request has been submitted and was assigned a ticket number for tracking purposes.