myIT Exiting Employee User Guide
For an explanation of why this form is needed, please see the TSS page on Employee IT Provisioning.
Submitting "IT Provisioning for Exiting Employees" Requests
There are several ways to access the "IT Provisioning for Exiting Employees" request form.
- Click the TSS Help Requests icon located on a TSS managed computer's desktop and then select the "Exiting Employee IT Provisioning" link, or
- Go directly to the "IT Provisioning for Exiting Employees" request form, or
- Navigate to the form within myIT, choosing "End-Point Computing", then "Local Unit Services", then "IT Provisioning for Exiting Employees".
- Go to the Help Request page.
- Select the "Exiting Employee IT Provisioning" link.
- You will be taken to the UF GatorLink login page as shown in the image below (click on the image for a larger view). Enter your GatorLink username and password in the fields provided and click the "Login" button (this step will be skipped if you are already signed onto GatorLink):
What the form looks like
After logging in you will see the "IT Provisioning for Exiting Employees " form as shown below. We request that the form be submitted 7 days (5 business days) in advance of the employee's employment end date so that we can ensure that all TSS managed services are transferred within UF or turned off by the appropriate day. Click on the image for a larger view.
How to fill out the form
At the top of the form is a short description of what you are requesting, IT Provisioning for Exiting Employee.
You are then asked to fill out various fields, such as the Exiting Employee's Name, GatorLink, etc. The fields marked with asterisks are required.
- Describe the issue or request you have*
Enter the reason you are submitting this ticket, in this case it is for IT provisioning for an exiting employee, even if that employee is staying with UF but moving to another department, you must submit this ticket. If you need to have the exiting employee's emails or files forwarded to someone else in your office, enter that person's GatorLink here.
- Exiting Employee's Name*
Enter the name of the exiting employee.
- Exiting Employee's GatorLink*
Enter the GatorLink user name of the exiting employee.
- Exiting Employee's UFID*
Enter the UFID of the exiting employee. The UFID is an 8 digit number.
- Exiting Employee's End Date*
Enter the date (mm/dd/yyyy) when the employee will stop working; their access to network drives, distribution lists, and service accounts will be removed on this date.
- Exiting Employee's Department*
- Enter the department name that the exiting employee is leaving.
- Exiting Employee's Office Number*
Enter the office number that the exiting employee is leaving.
- My unit requires access to the exiting employee's files or email?*
Select either "Yes" or "No" depending on your unit's requirements. It might be helpful to review UF policy on records management (http://cms.uflib.ufl.edu/records/Records) and UF policy on email retention (http://ufcn.urel.ufl.edu/email/email.html) before answering this question.
To include additional information, click the "Browse" button to search for the file you wish to attach. You must have the file saved somewhere on your computer in order to attach it here.
- Provide a phone number so we can contact you if we have any questions about this request.
- Are you submitting on behalf of, or involving, another user?*
If you are submitting this request for someone else, select the "Yes" button and then provide the other user's Name, GatorLink, Phone number, and email in the fields provided. Otherwise, select "No".
After you have finished filling out the form press the "Submit" button in the lower right side of the screen one (1) time. Pressing more than once may produce multiple requests.
That's it! TSS will be informed of the request. You will receive an email that your request has been submitted and was assigned a ticket number for tracking purposes.