TSS manages multiple tools to automate the setup, maintenance and backend support of workspaces for TSS customers. All workspace management tools and servers are hosted at EIS.
Some of the specific items that Workspace Management is responsible for include:
- Group Policy, creation and maintenance
- access and security
- network drive mapping
- network print queue mapping
- software installation
- remote tools
- updating Windows based machines with security patches and operating system features
- standard computer images (operating system deployment)
- additional items will be supported as UFEM is rolled out at UF
- TSS print servers, file servers and various backend management tools.
UFIT Tool Support
PrintSmart Print Server
- For UF units that do not maintain their own print server, but still need their Xerox printers to report page counts, equipment errors, and low toner for payment and fulfillment. TSS offers the following service:
- Xerox Printer hosting—TSS will create the print queue in the PrintSmart Print Server and will give local IT the option to fully manage the print queue.